Management consists, primarily, of setting goals and then designing procedures to ensure their accomplishment. A good manager is one who purposely acts, instead of reacting, to events and circumstances. IMS EVO provides essential information, available in both report and graph formats, that allows the doctor to effectively manage the practice. Following is a summary of some of the most important reports and the information that they contain.
PRACTICE SUMMARY: One page gives all the vital statistics for the practice.
- Future Contracts and total accounts receivable
- New charges added to the system (production)
- Exams, Consults, and StartsNumber of active accounts, paying accounts, and accounts in retention
YEAR-TO-DATE ANALYSIS: One month's data is inconsequential if it cannot be compared to previous months. Therefore, IMS provides vital statistics in the following format.
- Current month
- Average for this year
- The same month last year
- The average for last year
12-MONTH HISTORY: This report shows the practice's vital statistics on a month-to-month basis.
NEW PATIENT SUMMARY: This report provides the answers needed to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing methods used by the practice.
- Where are referrals coming from? Patients? Professionals? Others?
- What is happening to the new patients examined? How many are starting and where are the others going?
- Where are the starts coming from? How effective is the recall system? Pending follow-up?
- Where are we spending our time? On what procedures?
- How can scheduling be fine-tuned to provide enough appointments when they are needed?
- Are failed appointments, canceled appointments, and damaged appliances a problem?Are we overstaffed? Under staffed?